Gifts That Make an Impact Now
You can make a profound difference for the Parkinson’s community today.
If you would like to join us in the fight against Parkinson’s today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
You can initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for the Parkinson’s Foundation to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and help make expert care accessible for everyone in the Parkinson’s community.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
For more information and stock giving instructions click here
Employer Matching Gifts
What can qualify for an employer matching gift?
Each company has its own guidelines. Typically, the following donations may be matched by an employer:
- Gifts made by employees of the company
- Gifts from the spouses of company employees
- Gifts made by retirees of the company
If you request a grant from your Donor Advised Fund (DAF) to a nonprofit, your company may match the grant as well.
If you volunteer with us, your company may also offer a volunteer grant.
Once you have requested your employer’s matching gift form using the search tool on this page, you can submit your form to your company electronically or print the form, fill it out and send it to us at email@example.com for processing.
You can also mail documentation to us at:
1359 Broadway, Suite 1509
New York, NY 10018
If you cannot find your company through our search tool it is still possible that your employer will match your donation. Check with your company’s HR manager and ask if your donation can be matched.
Send our matching gift team an email that you plan on getting your donation matched. Once the gift is confirmed, your employer will send the matching funds based on their disbursement schedule.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to the Parkinson’s Foundation.
- Although the distribution will be free from income tax and reduce your taxable income, it will not generate an income tax charitable deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support the Parkinson’s Foundation, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
Gifts of Real Estate
The Impact of Your Giving
could provide invaluable tools and information
Resources like our hospital safety kit helps people with Parkinson's advocate for their best possible care when hospitalized.
can provide local resources for the Parkinson's community
Our community grants fund Parkinson’s wellness and education programs in 42 states across the nation.
could fuel life-changing research breakthroughs
A gift of this size could fund a postdoctoral fellowship, help drive scientists to make discoveries that lead to better treatments and a cure.